This is THE most delicious spaghetti recipe I’ve whipped up, and I’m pretty sure you’ll love it too! It’s got all the flavour of a Bolognese sauce, without any of the meat or dairy! Check it out!
A great dish all year round! Suitable for vegans and meat lovers alike! You can change the dish by swapping out the veg for other seasonal veg, or add chickpeas for extra protein!
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 white onion
- 1 leek
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 200g red split lentils
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 3 field mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon marmite (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- British rapeseed oil
- Fresh or dried pasta
- Begin by finely chopping the onion and garlic. Using a little oil, add to the pan and gentle cook until translucent.
- Dice the carrot and add to the pan. Add the lentils and the cinnamon and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add 1/2 pint water and stir for a few more minutes while the carrot and lentils absorb the water.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, sliced mushrooms (and marmite if using this) and allow to simmer for for 15 minutes. Add extra 1/2 pint water as needed while it simmers. Consistency should be thick but moist.
- Cook the pasta to your preference and serve!