This is a wholesome, delicious lunchtime recipe for all the family. Serve hot or cold and make it as spicy as you like! December is a month full of chard, so get cracking with this quick vegetarian lunch idea!
This is an easy win! Organic, seasonal, local and delicious! If you are wondering what to do with the abundance of chard at this time of year,ooh no further!
- 1 Cup green lentils
- 3 large handfuls of rainbow chard (roughly chopped)
- 4 Large mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Red chilli (finely chopped)
- 50g Feta cheese
- 1 Clove garlic
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- British rapeseed oil
- Begin by rinsing the lentils, add to boiling water and leave to simmer for 45 minutes until cooked.
- Using a sauté pan (high heat), add a tablespoon of rapeseed oil and add the garlic and red chilli, both should be finely chopped. Allow to brown for a minute then add the roughly chopped chard, reduce the heat and allow to soften.
- Add salt/pepper seasoning to taste.
- Once the chard starts to soften, add the mushrooms, stir frequently and cook for approx 5 minutes.
- You can allow to cool and add both the lentils and chard mix to a lunch box, or serve straight into bowls.
- Crumble the feta on top.