Another great Autumn/Winter recipe! Make the most of the wonderful cabbage, mushrooms, chard and potatoes our local farmers are growing for us in the UK with this tasty snack or side dish!
A delicious lunch time recipe, or great as a side dish. Add any ingredients you like, we love to make an asian style filling with soy sauce, bean sprouts, broccoli and mushrooms too!
- 4-6 Cabbage leaf shells
- 2 handfuls of potato (any variety)
- 4 large chopped mushrooms
- 3 handfuls of rainbow chard (or spinach)
- 2 tablespoons soft cheese
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Olive Oil
- Begin by thinly slicing the potatoes, garlic, chard and mushrooms.
- Heat a frying/saute pan on high heat, adding a table soon of olive oil.
- Add the garlic to the pan, allow to brown for a minute before adding the potatoes.
- Allow the potatoes to brown for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously, then add 1/4 cup of water and stir while this is absorbed by the potatoes. Cook the potatoes until soft (approx 4-6 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and chard and cook for a further 2-3 minutes before taking off the heat.
- Once of the heat, add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With the cabbage leaves, if you are serving straight away, steam for 3-4 minutes until soft. If not serving straight away, you can leave raw and then heat up (steam or microwave) before eating for lunch at the office.
- Either way, take a cabbage leaf (whole) put a heaped tablespoon of the mixture inside.
- Like a tortilla, fold the sides, the roll from one end to the other, forming a small wrap/parcel.
- Either serve up, or put into a lunch box ready to take to work!