A winter warmer, using parsnip which is now in season in the UK for the coming months. A delicious creamy soup, with flecks or red chilli and a depth of flavour from coconut milk. All the family will love this classic, so give it a go!
A quick, wholesome, thick soup full of flavour and a good kick of heat from the red chilli. These thai flavours give the humble parsnip some serious wow factor!
- 3 medium parsnips
- 1 tsp honey
- olive oil
- 1 handful coriander
- 1 red chilli choppped
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- Sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1.5 litre boiled water (addition of a stock cube optional)
- Begin by roasting the parsnips in the oven in the honey and olive oil until cooked (usually around 30 minutes fan 180 degree).
- Once the parsnips are roasted, chop and put into your soup pan with the water, chopped red chilli and seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Allow to cook down for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat and use a hand liquidiser to smooth soup unit all lumps are gone.
- Add the coconut milk and coriander, mix well.
- Serve! Yes it really is that easy. Season to taste.
- Optional extra, top with oven bake slices of swede or parsnip to add texture.