Got a sweet tooth and earnt a protein rich snack? This little snack is perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up between your workout and picking up the kids from school!
This protein rich quinoa peanut snack is ideal for everyone from athletes to average Joe's wanting a high protein energy kick. Warning: contains peanuts.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 25g butter
- 3 tablespoons dried coconut fresh
- 3 tablespoons sultanas/raisins
- 3 tablespoons linseed
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 35g 70-80% dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Rinse and drain the linseed, before boiling in the 3 cups of water for 18-20 minutes until soft.
- Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the peanut butter, linseed, coconut, honey and sultanas together then slowly stir in the cooked quinoa. Mix well.
- Melt the butter on high heat for <1 minute (be careful not to burn it), take off the heat and add the dark chocolate. Add a pinch of sea salt and mix until fully dissolved, thick and creamy. Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Take a tablespoon of the quinoa mixture, roll in your hand until formed in a ball shape and lay out on either greaseproof paper or cling film. Continue until you have 12 even sized balls.
- Take a teaspoon and gently pour a spoon of chocolate over each quinoa protein ball.
- Top with an extra sprinkle of linseed and dried coconut.
- Refridgerate overnight, or put in the freezer for thirty minutes to solidify and cool.