This flatbread recipe is so easy you can’t afford not to try it. No yeast, just 3 ingredients and it’s a quick cook too! Naan and chapati wrapped in plastic packaging that is months old just isn’t appetising. Get the flour out and make some dough!
Break away from packet bread for curries or Mexican night with this simple flatbread recipe!
- 200g plain wholemeal flour
- 100ml warm water (boil and leave to cool)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Begin by putting the flour in a large mixing bowl and add the warm water.
- Using your index finger mix the ingredients together and then form the mixture into a ball. Note, if the dough is very sticky add some more flour by the teaspoon.
- Add the oil and knead together for 5-6 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 5-6 even portions.
- Heat a non-stick pan on the hob at high heat.
- Flour a clean surface and rolling pin.
- Lay out the dough one portion at a time and roll out until approx. 1-2mm thick.
- Carefully lift the rolled out dough and put in the frying pan to cook 1-2 minutes on one side until bubbles form and then turn and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side until cooked and lightly brown.